TypeAttraction - History & Heritage
CategoriesA - Z category | Attractions | Chichester | Chichester Attractions | Get Active! | South Downs | Venue
- Telephone 1: +44 (0)1243 811363
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Weald & Downland website: http://www.wealddown.co.uk/
- Museum Accessibility information: http://bit.do/AccessibilityWealdandDownland
- Museum on Facbook: http://bit.do/WandD-facebook
- Museum on Twitter: http://https://twitter.com/WealddownMuseum
- Group travel available
Discover traditional buildings in a rural landscape that tell the story of the men, women and children who lived and worked in them over a 600-year period. Explore the 50-acre site and visit some of the beautiful exhibit buildings. Many of the exhibit houses are furnished to recreate historic domestic interiors.
Visit soon to see:
Regular programme of domestic and craft demonstrations, including cooking in the Tudor kitchen.
Extensive artefact collection which is housed in the award-winning Downland Gridshell Building.
Extensive programme of adult-education courses in traditional rural trades and crafts, historic domestic life and building conservation.
Walk in the woods, bring the dog, visit the lakeside café or bring a picnic.
Special event days, inspired by the Museum's collections, such as the Rare Breeds Show, the Autumn Countryside Show or the Christmas Market.
Open almost all year round - see the website for the latest opening times and admission prices
The museum has a great programme of taditional seasonal events throughout the year - see the What's On website for details.
While Sussex by the Sea make every effort to ensure all information on this site is correct at the time of publishing we encourage all visitors to check the attraction's website or contact them direct before travelling, especially for information relating to prices / tickets, specialist information and opening times.
AddressSingleton, Chichester, West Sussex, PO18 0EU
Just off the A286 north of Chichester and south of Midhurst.
Public Transport Directions
Stagecoach number 60 service between Bognor Regis , Chichester and Midhurst stops and picks up very close by.
- Accessible facilities - contact provider for details
- Dogs welcome on lead
- Café on site
- Eating out within walking distance
- Picnic facilities
- Shop on site
- Special diets catered for - contact provider for details
- Children's facilities - contact provider for details
- Family friendly
- Groups welcome
- School groups welcome
- Coach parking
- Disabled parking
- On site parking
- Bus stop within walking distance
- Countryside setting
- Gifts / arts / antiques
- Local produce
- Sport / leisure / outdoors
- Public toilets on site
- Conference / meeting facilities
- Licensed for weddings / civil ceremonies
- Venue hire available