Clean and safe
Littlehampton East Beach holds the Seaside Award again this year.
From the UK's longest bench to the famously unusual East Beach Café, you'll be surrounded by stunning scenery.
Cafés and concessions
Littlehampton has plenty of places for you to enjoy a customary seaside ice cream or a plate of fish and chips.
Littlehampton East Beach
This award-winning sandy beach has lifeguards, friendly Foreshore Officers and a free Kid Care armband scheme during the summer, plus some unique seaside attractions!
- enjoy kitesurfing, fishing, sailing and even diving from Littlehampton Harbour;
- marvel at the structure of the promenade's long bench, and check out the famously unusual East Beach Café;
- cycle along Littlehampton Promenade;
- have a go on the seaside amusements at Littlehampton’s Harbour Park;
- beach huts are managed by Arun District Council
- The Seafront Greens make for a great picnic and play areas, alongside the promenade, with free to use Barbecues (subject to availability)
- Parking - There are three Pay and Display Car Parks at the east and west end end of the Seafront Greens, plus another (with Coach parking too) in the centre at Banjo Road.
- Dogs - there are dog restrictions in place on this beach from May - September.
- Beach FAQs - click the link to the FAQs page for more information.
Littlehampton West Beach
A beautifully secluded Site of Special Scientific Interest, with incredible sand dunes that are home to rare and protected wildlife. A flat sand and shingle beach which is perfect place for relaxing and communing with nature.
- you can walk along to Climping Beach enjoying great views of the South Downs and the River Arun on either side;
- a Local Nature Reserve, West Beach is ideal for bird watching and spotting wildlife.