During the current restrictions on travel and while we are all staying safe at home, why not close your eyes, take time to dream and virtually enjoy the following simple pleasures? You might then start planning your own traditional 'get away from it all' break in Sussex by the Sea - when the time is right.
If it's good enough for Royalty.......
On the 21st April each year we join the nation in celebrating Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth's birthday and wonder if she remembers her holidays with her grandfather in Sussex by the Sea!
At just three years old in 1929, the young princess, affectionately known as 'Dear Lilibet' visited her grandfather King George V while he was recovering from an illness at Craigwell House in Aldwick, just west of Bognor Regis.
Following the King's recovery the small seaside town was awarded the suffix "Regis" which we continue to proudly proclaim to this day.
Perhaps some of Her Majesty's memories might include the following simple pleasures:
- Building sandcastles on the beach
- Enjoying a paddle in the sea
- Spending real quality time with her much loved family - something we would all appreciate the opportunity to do
- Perhaps even eating a traditional British seaside fish and chip meal (cooked with a local catch of course!)
- Listening to the sound of the gentle waves - Listen and watch this lovely video shared by our friends at The Beachcroft Hotel, Felpham
What would be your favourite things to dream of enjoying when you are next able to visit the seaside in Sussex by the Sea?