Did you know Sussex has it's very own special day?
Put the 16th of June in your diary - every year
This beautiful county has so much do celebrate, with a wealth of history, architecture, culture, beautiful coastline, the glorious South Downs National Park, a packed calendar of events, large and not so large, and cities, towns and villages as diverse as the people that populate them.
So the 16th June has been chosen as the official day to do just that - celebrate!
The county motto is "We won't be druv",the flag is resplendent in blue to echo the sea and yellow 'martlets' (exctinct birds sadly) the colour of sunshine, and the county song "Good Old Sussex by the Sea" is rousing enough to stir the soul of residents and visitors alike!
Read on to see a wide range of ways that YOU can celebrate Sussex Day
1. Find out about local Sussex Day events at:.sussexbythesea.com/whats-on
2. Read how the Chairman of Arun District Council is inviting you to share stories and photos of how YOU celebrate the day
3. Welcome our new Duke and Duchess of Sussex and see how they might discover some hidden gems in Sussex by the Sea
4. Discover Sussex Wildlife at WWT Arundel, RSPB Pulborough Brooks and Pagham Harbour Nature Reserves
5. Explore more of the Sussex story at one of our local museums at Arundel, Bognor Regis, Littlehampton and Rustington
6. Book a tour with Chichester Tour Guides any day to suit you and discover just why the 16th June was chosen for Sussex Day
7. Visit Arundel Castle - a fabulous icon of West Sussex with nearly a 1,000 years of Sussex... and English history
8. Soak up the Sussex sunshine (with plenty of sun cream of course!) on one of our Seaside Award winning beaches in Bognor Regis and Littlehampton
9. Enjoy the summer trees and plants in one of the district's award winning parks
10 Read more about the origins of Sussex Day at West Sussex County Council's website
11..Be inspired by some more great activities across West Sussex at:experiencewestsussex.com/
12. Find out more about all the different destinations in East & West Sussex at the Love Sussex website
13..Plan your next holiday or day trip to Sussex by the Sea - worth celebrating all year round!
14..Event Organisers - If you are planning an event in the middle of June 2018, 2019, or beyond - why not adopt a 'Sussex Day' theme?