Did you know Sussex has it's very own special day?
Put the 16th of June in your diary - every year
Sussex is a large, and beautiful county that has so much to celebrate, with a wealth of history, architecture, culture, beautiful coastline, the glorious South Downs National Park, a packed calendar of events, large and not so large, and cities, towns and villages as diverse as the people that populate them.
So the 16th June is the official day to do just that - celebrate!
The county motto is "We won't be druv"; the flag is resplendent in blue (to echo the sea); yellow 'martlets' (exctinct birds sadly); the colour of sunshine; and the county song "Good Old Sussex by the Sea" is rousing enough to stir the soul of residents and visitors alike!
Read on to see a wide range of ways that YOU can celebrate Sussex Day
1. Event Organisers - If you are planning an event in the middle of June - why not adopt a 'Sussex Day' theme?
2. Find out about local Sussex Day events and more at:.sussexbythesea.com/whats-on
3. Read how the Chairman of Arun District Council is inviting you to share stories and photos of how YOU celebrate the day
4. Welcome our new Duke and Duchess of Sussex and see how they might discover some hidden gems in Sussex by the Sea
7. Book a tour with Chichester Tour Guides any day to suit you and discover just why the 16th June was chosen for Sussex Day
8. Visit Arundel Castle - a fabulous icon of West Sussex with nearly a 1,000 years of Sussex... and English history
9. Soak up the Sussex sunshine (with plenty of sun cream of course!) on one of our Award winning beaches
10. Enjoy the summer trees and plants in one of the district's award winning parks
11 Read more about the origins of Sussex Day at West Sussex County Council's website
12..Be inspired by some more great activities across West Sussex at:experiencewestsussex.com/
13. Find out more about all the different destinations in East & West Sussex at the Love Sussex website
14..Plan your next holiday or day trip to Sussex by the Sea - worth celebrating all year round!