Lifeguards, foreshore officers and a free Kid Care armband scheme operate on Littlehampton East Beach during summer.
Clean and safe
Littlehampton East Beach holds the 2013 Blue Flag and Seaside Award.
From the UK's longest bench to the famously unusual East Beach Café, you'll be surrounded by stunning scenery.
Cafés and concessions
Littlehampton has plenty of places for you to enjoy a customary seaside ice cream or a plate of fish and chips.
Littlehampton East Beach
A 2013 Blue Flag and Seaside Award-winning sandy beach with lifeguards, friendly Foreshore Officers and a free Kid Care armband scheme during summer, plus some unique seaside attractions!
- enjoy kitesurfing, fishing, sailing and even diving from Littlehampton Harbour;
- take the Ferry shuttle across to the secluded West Beach;
- marvel at the structure of the UK’s longest bench, and check out the famously unusual East Beach Café;
- cycle along Littlehampton Promenade;
- have a go on the seaside amusements at Littlehampton’s Harbour Park;
- beach huts are available to hire or buy from Inspire Leisure.
Please note, there are dog restrictions in place on this beach over summer. See more information in Beach FAQs.
Littlehampton West Beach
A beautifully secluded Site of Special Scientific Interest, with incredible sand dunes that are home to rare and protected wildlife. A flat sand and shingle beach which is perfect place for relaxing.
- you can walk along to Climping Beach enjoying great views of the South Downs and the River Arun on either side;
- take the Ferry shuttle across to Littlehampton East Beach;
- a Local Nature Reserve, West Beach is ideal for bird watching and spotting wildlife.